WestCoast Rail Trail
Themed self guided tours with entertaining GPS audio-guide by bike
• Eco adventure- a nature tour with birds, rainforests, penguins
• Lost Souls of the West Coast- it’s madness, mayhem & misfortunes, the uncut history
• Rogues and Rascals of the Gold Rush (some of them are still alive!)
• Tales and treasures- a geo-caching adventure for families on bikes
Half day or overnight tour on parts of the West Coast Rail Trail by bicycle.
It’s not about the bike! But you’ll see and do more taking a ride on the flat and smooth trails, with our comfort bikes. There’s mirror lakes, alpine views, rainforests a penguin colony (seasonal). Boutique accommodation, cafes, bars local artisans to see on the way along with a varied selection of activities.
You’ll be entertained while learning about the history and nature of this beautiful region. Your audio-guide will introduce you to the historical characters of the area and lead you on a tour of discovery among the gold and gemstones the place is famous for.
Choose one of the amazing audio guide themed tours or do them all. Your audio guide brings your surroundings to life, and provides as much detail as you want all at your own pace. It tells you where you are, provides directions and introduces you to real people who live along the way.
Cycle trail includes:
• Flat, smooth and easy cycle routes, some following historic bush rail lines and water races that have been made cycle friendly.
• Visit rain forests, beaches, mirror lakes with beautiful reflections and get introduced to some of our locals on the way.
• Lots of pubs, cafes, craft artisans and activities. Stop off and do some fishing, kayaking, goldpanning or gemstone hunting.
• Become a goldminer newly arrived off your sailing ship to make your fortune and follow him into the gold fields. (He had to walk, you’re on your comfort bike). Or become an ornithologist and view a wide range of birds, penguins (seasonal) and other nature spots.
• The trail goes past pubs and cafes, visits farms, a Honey House and the home studios of local crafts people. Do some gold or gemstone hunting, listen to some Maori Legends and see sites haunted by the deeds of rogues and rascals both living and dead!
• All inclusive tours from 3 hours to 2 days. We provide comfort cycles, accommodation (for overnight packages), move your luggage, transfer your car or bring you and your cycle back to town.
• Guided and supported options available.
Worried about lugging around your luggage?
Easy…On the over nights we transfer your luggage so it is there when you arrive, and there is a range of accommodation types to choose from
You’ll start in Greymouth and then leave your bikes where you finish your package. This can be at Hokitika or back in Greymouth.
Need transfers? Or your vehicle waiting for you at the other end?
No problem, we will transfer your car to Hokitika and can even arrange a car hire for you, our experienced travel team can also coordinate all of your travel requirements to and from the West Coast.
- Hi Speed Internet
- Internet Access
- Wireless Hotspots